Who We Serve
The Furniture Bank of Southeastern Michigan provides beds and furniture to families living at or below the poverty level, collaborating with other human service organizations to serve:
- Newborns and Infants
- Victims of Domestic Violence
- Families Transitioning from Homelessness
- Victims of Fire and Foreclosure
- Those with Disabilities and Medical Emergencies
- Those Receiving Mental Health Services
- Foster Parents
Additional Facts About the Clients We Serve:
- Through its “Furniture for Families” program, the Furniture Bank served 1,454 client-families in 2015, or more than 4,800 individuals in total.
- Within the families the Furniture Bank served, there were 662 children aged four and under and 853 young people between ages of five and 14.
- Seventy-five percent (75%) of families served had an annual household income (HHI) of $10,000 or less, and 87% had a HHI of $19,000 or less.